Social anxiety disorder also known as social phobia, is where people who have a fear of excessive and unreasonable social situation. Anxiety (intense nervousness) and self-awareness arises from the fear that, judged and criticized by others.
A person with social anxiety disorder is the fear that he or she will make a mistakes and look bad, and embarrassed or humiliated in front of others. Fears that can be aggravated by a lack of social skills or experience in social situations. Anxiety can develop into panic attacks. As a result of fear, people who stick to certain social situation of extreme hardship or avoid them altogether. In addition, people with social anxiety disorder often experience the ‘anticipation’ fear – fear of the situation before it happens – for days or weeks before the event. In many cases, people are aware that fear is unreasonable, but could not overcome it.
People with social anxiety disorder suffer mentality, including false beliefs about social situations and the negative opinions of others. Without treatment, social anxiety disorder can negatively interfere with person’s normal routine every day, including school, work, social activities, and relationships. People with social anxiety disorder may fear certain situations, such as speaking in public. However, most people with social anxiety disorder are afraid more of a social situation.
Other condition that usually trigger anxiety include :
- Interacting with people, including dating or going to parties
- Ask questions or give statement in the group
- Eating or drinking in front of others
- Write or work in front of others
- Be the center of attention
- Talking on the phone
- Using public toilets
Symptoms of anxiety disorders
Here are some of the symptoms of anxiety disorders:
- Feeling of unreasonable fear, panic, and anxiety
- Insomnia or sleeplessness
- Hand and feet sweating, and sweating will be increased
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Racing heartbeat
- Dry mouth
- Desire to always use the toilet
- Tingling sensations and numbness in the legs
- Choking lump in the throat and chest
- Restlessness and anxiety
- Nausea and dizziness
The cause of anxiety disorders
It is often difficult to determine what is causing concern among them, sometimes some pressure can be identified, and sometimes nothing can be seen to lead to anxiety disorders.
- The incidence of trauma
- Monetary and financial issues
- Challenge romance and marriage
- Difficulty academic and education
- Issues and challenges related to the work
- Fear of failing health, or medical condition can not be cured
- Fear of an impending divorce, dismissal, failure, bankruptcy and etc.
Anxiety also can be treated with THE TOLE’s acupuncture treatment and anxiety herbal medicine. For the recovery time, it’s all depend on how long and how severe the problem. Click here for more information about The Tole Acupuncture.