Alzheimer’s disease and memory impairment in brain function that causes amnesia (forgetting), the beginning of dementia and significant mood swings. Alzheimer’s disease starts with a slight memory loss and confusion, which ultimately leads to mental weakness so they can not remember, think, learn, imagine and make the right decisions.
This disease can strike anyone, from the 30s to the 80s. So far, no medicine that can really cure the disease, but there are treatments that can reduce it. Alzheimer’s disease is believed to be a combination of genetic, lifestyle and environment of a person, that damage brain cells.
Things are often feared to medication adherence as Alzheimer’s disease affects a person’s memory. Patients may forget to take their medication or have forgotten dose. Feedback from caregivers to show that often, patients are reluctant to take medication because they felt they did not suffer from any disease.
Alzheimer’s disease dementia is common in the elderly. According to statistics from Asia Pacific, sufferers of this disease has reached 18 million people. Approximately 60,000 people in Malaysia is Alzheimer sufferers.
10 The early symptoms often occur to people with Alzheimer’s are:
1. Easily forgotten or lost memory
- This is an early sign of Alzheimer’s disease in which a person forget things or events that just happened, forget people’s names, forgetting important dates or events, asking for the same information multiple times, depending on the record / device / memo or reminder of family members to remember things or appointments.
2. It is difficult to make and according to plan or solve problems
- This happens because people with Alzheimer’s have less concentration on the work she does.
3. Difficulty completing normal daily tasks at home, at work or in other places.
- For example: A person is having trouble using the microwave, problem driving to familiar places, difficult to manage its finances in the workplace, it is difficult considering the rules for a game.
4. Disorientation to time and place
- People with Alzheimer’s often confused with the date, season or anything related to the time and number, or sometimes confused or forget how he can get a place.
5. Problems understand images or vision problems
- They also may be difficult to read, estimating the distance and determining color, does not recognize his own reflection in the mirror as she thought of others.
6. The problem of finding the right words when speaking or writing
- They are often faced with the problem of vocabulary, thus they are difficult to find the right words to speak his mind whether in speech or writing. They also face the following problems, or engage in a discussion or conversation. They also may suddenly stop during the middle of talking and having problems to connect again. They also often incorrectly called the name of an object.
7. Forget the park and goods can not recall events before it
- For example: Forgot the parking glasses, keys, put an object in an improper place, etc. Finally, forget the names of family members and ordinary things used every day.
8. Lack of / poor judgment in the assessment of a matter
- This causes a person with Alzheimer’s disease decide unwise or harmful, especially those related to finance, investment, etc.
9. Separating themselves from socializing or social activities
- People with Alzheimer’s began to isolate themselves or stopped from doing social activities, social activities, sports, etc. which became his favorite before it.
10. Changes in mood and personality
- Apply the changes and start making regular or special way of things and feel unhappy when their routine is disturbed. Also there is a change of heart and attitude, become confused, suspicious, lost faith to others, depression, anxiety, fear, aggression, sensitivity and sulk if not touched by the way, stubbornness, etc.
The best treatment is neuro acupuncture and herbs medicine treatment. All alzheimer’s disease can be cure if start the treatment and cure sooner. For more information, please visit this website here.