Durian is a fruit that is delicious and favorite for some people. Sweet, delicious, soft, pungent odor, yellow fruit color and has sharp spines on the skin is a physical characteristic that is owned by the durian fruit. In addition to sweet, fruit also have a variety of nutrients that are beneficial to health.
Durian fruit is also known as the “King of Fruits” in the South-East Asian countries. This is because, the durian contains nutrients such as carbohydrates, protein, fiber, vitamin B1, B2, vitamin C, calcium, potassium and phosphorus are very high. Various nutrients help keep and maintain the body healthy and fit throughout the day. To find out the various benefits of detail durian for health, health tips will be present in full in this discussion.
Surprising Facts about Durian
- A nutrient necessary for proper nerve and muscle function. Normally this would be a benefit but individuals with kidney disease need to monitor their potassium levels in order to keep their condition under control. Therefore, durian should not be consumed by persons with end stage renal disease or any other type of kidney disease.
- Durian fruits contain high amount of folate or folic acid. Folate is required for the production of hemoglobin. It stimulates production of blood that improves the functionality of the body and effective oxygen distribution. This way this folic acid can prove to be a great deterrent for anemia.
- Durian fruit contains good amount of antioxidants in form of vitamin B-complex, C and E. These antioxidants are important nutrients that make durian fruit healthy. Antioxidants are required to protect the body from oxidative stress caused by active ogygen in the body. But antioxidants neutralize these free redicals and act as a shield to protect cells from damage.
- Durian is a rich source of potassium, and since potassium is such an integral part of the salt and fluid balance throughout the cells of the body, potassium levels also dictate blood pressure. When plenty of potassium is present, the blood vessels can relax, reducing the stress on the cardiovascular system, and reducing the chances of developing conditions like atherosclerosis, heart attacks and strokes.
- Copper is required in the production of red blood cells. The cells play a vital role in the distribution of oxygen throughout the body. It content in the durian fruit good at maintaining hte health of the thyroid.
- Because a lot of the content of vitamin B1, the durian fruit is also useful to keep the appetite. These vitamin are essential for the body as it requires them from external sources to replenish.
- By adding tryptophan to your diet, it enters your brain, is converted to serotonin, which induces a feeling of relaxation and happiness. The excess serotonin then releases melatonin into the bloodstream, which causes the body to feel tired, and eventually pass out. If you suffer from insomnia, have a few pieces of durian before you try to fall asleep and see the results.
Side Effects of Durian
Durian has a health hazard, especially associated with pregnant women, due to thermal effects on durian that can result in miscarriage in the fetus. Though it improves fertility and supports pregnancy with estrogen but high sugar is considered harmful during pregnancy. So it is recommended that they consume this fruit only after talking to their doctor.
Durian fruit can increase blood sugar even to diabetes, if consumed in large quantities and is too often the high glucose content in durian will be the cause of diabetes.
In addition, durian is also harmful to digestion when taken with alcohol. In addition, the alcohol content and cholesterol in durian could endanger the health of the heart.
Durian worst danger is when taken with alcohol, because the sulfur content in durian will inhibit the metabolism of alcohol and this can lead to death. So, be careful against this fruit, delicious and sweet addition there are also a number of toxins in it.