Lung cancer is the number one cancer killer of men. Among the major cause is smoking. This is because smoking is known as a toxic substance that goes through the lungs when inhaled cigarette smoke.
Cancer that begins in the lungs is called primary lung cancer. Cancer that begins in another part of the body and spreads to the lungs is known as secondary lung cancer.
There are two main types of primary lung cancer. These are classified by the type of cells in which the cancer starts. They are:
- non-small-cell lung cancer – the most common type, accounting for more than 80% of cases; can be either squamous cell carcinoma, adenocarcinoma or large-cell carcinoma
- small-cell lung cancer – a less common type that usually spreads faster than non-small-cell lung cancer
Among the early warning signs of lung cancer identified are :
1. Depression or other mood changes
This includes anxiety and other psychiatric symptoms. Changes in behavior or mood can be felt by itself or can be viewed by those around him.
2. Always recurrent pain
Recurrent pain along with colds, flu, cough or pneumonia, especially among smokers. This is because these cancers are found in the tissues of the lungs and bronchi tubes that produce symptoms similar to flu or a cough that is not good.
3. Loss of appetite and losing weight dramatically without reason
When lung cancer has already spread to the liver, they will lose appetite.
4. Breast grow abnormally men (gynecomastia)
Particularly in areas under the nipple, rather than around the breast tissues of men. This is due to lung cancer tumor is secreting hormones, proteins and other substances into the bloodstream and cause unstable hormone that leads to breast growth in men.
5. Unusual tiredness
Body feels tired because the material secreted into the blood by tumor lung cancer affects oxygen levels, red blood cell health, interfering with adrenal gland function and other aspects of energy production.
6. The end of the finger pain and thickening or swelling
This is a common sign of lung cancer. Sometimes these symptoms are mistaken for symptoms of nutritional problems (malnutrition) or allergies.
7. Shortness of breath and chest sounds
It is like the asthma. This situation occurs because the tumor growth of lung cancer is interfering with the smooth functioning of lungs breathed in and breathed out.
8. Cough prolonged or accompanied by sounds into a lot of saliva out
Prolonged cough is like smoker’s cough for months, sometimes there are up to for years. The dry cough is like an allergy or a wet cough associated with the flu or colds. There are coughed out blood effects. This may be due to bronchial obstruction by tumor vessels or mucus, coughing and part of the tumor’s blood gets into the sputum.
9. Muscle weakness and feels too old to perform normal daily physical activities done
This is caused by a tumor in the lungs to produce antibodies that attack the muscles and chemicals that can disrupt normal activity of red blood cells which can also cause anemia.
10. Pain chest, back, shoulders and/or abdomen
Usually a sign of chest and back pain is misunderstood or presumed normal muscle pain or heart problems. Chest and back pain is caused by the growth of tumors that compress the nerve in these parts.